Tile Roofing, What you need to know.
January 9, 2013 | By: jenny fresard
In: Roofing Florida
When researching the type of roofing system your home or business needs, it is important to know the advantages to different types of roofing. The most prominent roofing system in South Florida is a concrete tile roofing system. Tile roofing provides buyers with a durable material that can withstand the extreme weather posed by South Florida, including some tiles that can withstand wind gusts up 150 mph and surfaces that can withstand color fading for up to 50 years. This type of roofing system can provide you with an energy efficient roofing system that can last for many years. Understanding the product and materials are important when making your decision for roofing, but also understanding how to maintain and extend the life of your investment is just as important.
According to Wikihow, there are five ways to maintain your tile roofing to get its extended roof life:
- Inspect your tile roof periodically – although the roofs are very durable, catching any issues/damages early will reduce further issues.
- Wash your roof at least twice annually –this method can assist in keeping mildew and mold away – professional assistance always recommended.
- Refurbish your roof – continual protection, again professional assistance recommended.
- Replaced damaged tiles immediately – broken tiles can compromise the roofs ability to withstand exposure to rain and sun.
- Walk on your tile roof very carefully – avoid walking on roof if at all possible, but when do, take precaution.
3 additional steps to extending the life of your tile roof, according to All Roofing Solutions,include:
3 Tile Roofing Maintenance & Repair Tips | All Roofing Solutions …
There are 3 steps you can take to extend the life of your tile roofing: regular inspections, timely repairs and ongoing maintenance. It is best if all all handled by a professional roofing contractor experienced in tile roofing.
Rainbow Roofing Solutions knows the importance of choosing energy efficient materials and having it installed correctly. Contact us today to find out if tile roofing is what you need on your South Florida business or home.